As some of you may already now the Birdcage Sew-in was last weekend. I had every intention of rolling my sleeves up and getting stuck in but due to unforseen events I wasn’t able to do what I wanted.
You may remember the raspberry ripple bag I made – well my darling baby (aka sewing machine) decided to kick the bucket, I really thought if I tried to keep going she was going to blow up. Fortunately it happened during the sewing class, so they leant me a machine to finish the bag and I left my darling baby there to go to the doctors….well the doc called today and she is sick,sick,sick. And it is going to cost a fortune, as she has just turned 2 we rang the maker and complained so we shall see what happens next. It is quite the saga!
So, I decided to tackle a stitchery I designed for the local sewing shops Opposites Quilt Challenge for this year, it is due in november.
This one didn’t get finished, but I’m getting there. They do need a good press too! I am making little tabs that can be put on and off, it is more a hands on interactive quilt, rather than a pretty, display only one!
Sorry for being so long winded! I’ll leave you with a unusual grevillea flower that I really love, I saved the tree from getting dug up when our driveway got done.