Thursday, December 30, 2010

Last OPAM for 2010!

Hi all,

I have finished off one last thing for the year! It is actually a UFO that I started when I was pregnant with BW, that was nearly 3 years ago!

img_2985
I am ashamed to say that the binding was half sewn on when it got put away and forgotten. That is sooo bad, it only took me half an hour to finish! And then I had to wash it because it smelt dusty!

img_2984
It is made with flannels and has a white ribbon flange around the centre blocks. The backing is a heavy cotton fabric, the idea was to use it as a play mat on the floor. BW is now 2/12 so he doesn’t really need a play mat anymore! Maybe I should find someone to give it too, otherwise it will end up in the cupboard which seems a waste really.

OPAM stats for 2010
84 finishes
0 bed/big size quilts
4 small quilts
6 bags
a lot of smaller repetitive items for the kindy fete and teachers presents
2 baby presents

Goals for 2011
I would like to try for 10 quilts, with at least half being bigger quilts.
Use my stash as much as possible.
And definitely less small repetitive sewing, I actually dislike it! I don’t think many people enjoy sewing the same thing over and over!

blog signature

4 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

Wow, you have big goals ;). But you have achieved a lot this year (in spite of two little boys), so everything is possible. Maybe there's another way of using that lovely baby quilt.... hint, hint! Have a Happy New Year. Love Vreni x

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Well done...how good is that....three cheers for Jess.....

Elyte said...

Well done Jess, what a productive year. Maybe I should set some goals too. I haven't forgotten about the PIF. Leaving that one til the New Year. Happy New Year to you all.

Alison Gibbs said...

Jess you have prompted me to find a quilt I was working on about 5 years ago. Must finish it this year
Hope you and your family had a wonderful christmas and new year
Alison