Thursday, December 22, 2011

Playtime!

Hi all,

I have been wanting to share a few things with you. What I have been working on and playing with!

I have been making some new blocks for a sampler I am working on -

This block is called “Seeing Double” from the book Modern Blocks.

This block is called “Quatrefoil” From the Modern Blocks book too.

And another block from the Modern Blocks book - “Megan’s Star”. I love this book and have a few more blocks I want to make from it yet!

  
What sampler would be complete without a Dresden of some kind?!

Almost 99% of the tutes I found for this one used a special ruler, which I didn’t have. I managed to find one with templates and wouldn’t you know it – I just can’t find the website! I have been searching for the last 10 minutes…oh well. If I remember I will let you know.

I have 4 more blocks to do and then I can think about sashing!

I went to Sneak Peek at my local PWS last week and signed up to do this BOM designed by Marti Michell. I would love to use some of my Joel Dewberry stash but I am still playing with ideas! I have a month to figure it out before class starts!

I also did a little stash building! I had a voucher for a free metre of fabric if I purchased a metre so who can blame me?! My free metre is the houndstooth, isn’t it great? Unfortunately they only had 1 colour of the Henna Garden, I think to match the other Sandi Henderson fabric which is next to it. I would have loved to get it in some other colours too.

Today I picked up some light reading from the Library -

I say light in jest – check this out…


The Elm Creek book has to be over 2 inches thick! It does contain 3 of the novels though. I have just started this series and I am so loving it! I can’t wait to sit down with a cuppa and the You Sew Girl book either!

If you are still here you can tell I have been saving a few things up! Thank you for sticking with me!

Now over the next week while things are a bit quieter in blogland I am going to be working on something very special….wait and see!

blog signature

1 comment:

Oops-Lah said...

Lovely long post! Your blocks are great; I especially like the Dresden Plate. You'll love the Elm Creek Books; I think all quilter like them. I don't know the other one though. Is it a novel or a quilting book (or maybe both?). Can't wait to see your special project later on.