Saturday, April 21, 2012

What’s been happening!

Hi Everyone!

We have been pretty busy here…

I was finally able to convince Hubby to extend the quilting setup I am looking after for my SIL.

P1020527

It is actually a short-arm quilting machine….I have only done a little bit of practice so far and it has been here since the beginning of the year…what a waste, right?!

Then I realised I didn’t have anything ready to quilt. So I been busy finishing off a couple of tops.

P1020534

This is the star quilt from Quilting From Little Things…I am pretty happy with how it has turned out…I am a bit worried about the seam joining the stars to the first border, in some places – were the star-arms join the border – the seam allowance is cutting it a bit fine…might iron some interfacing to the back for extra support.

P1020540

I finally put the border on this sampler quilt. I think she will be my first quilting victim ;) I mean my first customer!

Just need to join the backing fabric and I am right to go…I will try to do that tomorrow and get her loaded on the machine.

P1020537

I whipped up these cute little coasters for my neighbour….a thank you for a beautiful beehive ginger and a very enjoyable afternoon tea!

P1020538

blog signature

8 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

It'll be interesting to see how you like quilting with your SIL's short arm quilter. Love both your quilts you have finished and also the coasters you've made for your neighbour.

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Oh my I know you have been renovation but I would have made up any.... and I mean ANY excuse to set this up to have a play! Have fun and I look forward to seeing how you go xx

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Oh fun! How lOng do you have the short arm for? Love the star quilt that you are going to do on there. Can't wait to see more,

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cute projects, all. Have fun working on the short arm

Sue SA said...

Wow, do you need a licence to drive that machine? Looks way complicated, but I guess its just a sewing machine on rails? How do you stop the kids from touching? Half your luck, great motivation for getting some finishes!

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

Oh your stars are beautiful! Have fun with the quilting - so jealous right now!

Roseanne said...

You will enjoy using short-arm quilting machine. I have usede one. Love the quilt.

Wendy said...

Your quilts look fantastic, I look forward to seeing them quilted as you play with your machine. Love the coasters too.