Sunday, September 2, 2012

Spool Blocks

Hi All,

Do ever have that feeling like you have been going flat out and getting nowhere?

I kinda feel like that at the moment…..I only had one finish this last month! ONE!

But I have been sewing soooo much!

Sneak Peek

Just a snippet of what I have been working on….loving the colour combo!

Sorry it is a bit out of focus but I’m not ready for a full reveal yet!

Spool blocks

These are the by product of my “getting nowhere” sewing. Spool blocks for the Leaders and Enders Challenge.

When I started these I thought, okay no rules! No worrying about light and dark, blah, blah! But do you think I should worry about it? Should I have the spools dark and the backgrounds light or vice versa? Or should I just keep going and see where I end up?

BTW These are so small, super cute small! 3.5” unfinished I think.

blog signature

7 comments:

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Your spools look great. I would just keep going and see where you end up :o)

Oops-Lah said...

I know what you mean; it can be quite frustrating when one is working nonstop but nothing to show for. Liking the "sneak peeks".
PS: Made my first QAL block today finally. Started with no 4, as I felt like a bit of paper piecing.

FarahLin said...

Love the sneak peek, you've got me intrigued and can't wait to see the full reveal! As for the spool blocks I'd say just keep going! It'll be lovely, I'm sure.

Maxine said...

I prefer light backgrounds and bright, medium, or dark spools. But, hey, this is your quilt. If you're truly working from scrap baskets, then, anything goes, I think.

Tracey @ The Peony Teacup said...

Ooohh, how cute! I was thinking about doing the leaders & enders spool project, but then I found a whole pile of off cut flying geese HSTs from before I knew about sewing the extra seam before trimming... so those are my new leaders and enders project for now *g* I don't know what I'm going to do with all these orphaned HSTs yet, but I'll think of something!

Elyte said...

Looking forward to seeing more of the secret project. I think you should just keep going with those spools and see what happens.

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

I love your spools - I think kind of random colour would be beautiful. Love the sneak peek too :o)