Saturday, April 5, 2014

Getting back on the horse

Hi all,

Well, getting back on the blogging horse anyway!

It has been ages since I have really been in the blogging groove. I haven't been keeping the blog up to date with what I am working on. I have been posting a lot on Instagram and I think then I don't bother putting it on the blog too. I know everyone can't access Instagram and there are probably some that don't want to so I will try to get back into the groove. I should be finding it a lot easier to blog now that I can do it on the Ipad.

I haven't been keeping my Facebook page up to date either...I have been sharing most things on my personal page.

So what have I been doing lately?

I have been working on a commission quilt for my cousins little girl. I have called the quilt "V is for Violet", I still need to quilt it. I hope to get the wadding next week when I am at the local PWS and will wait until the holidays are over to get to the quilting.

I am slowing getting appliqué blocks done for the Afternoon Delight quilt. These are the last few blocks and I have another one nearly finished, I work on these when we watch a bit of TV after the boys are in bed.

The other major project is the Midnight at the Oasis quilt. I have started working on the 2nd last border which is lots and lots of little squares!

I think I will try to blog every Friday night and see how it works out. Thank you for reading all the way to the end if you made it!

Bye for now, Jess :)

 

7 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

So glad you haven't given up blogging all together. I would miss you. Although I've now joined IG, I still rather read a blog update. Great idea to set a certain time aside for blogging each week. I should do that too.

DeborahGun said...

your applique is amazing Jess. I find applique so slow, but you make it look easy :-) Love your Midnight at the Oasis quilt - it is going to be amazing!

barcord said...

I too have been a bit lazy with the blogging. It is good to see that one or two are on IG. This is a fairly new thing for me so I must link up with you. Your work is amazing, as usual. I love the bright colours. I also may choose to blog on a certain day each week. Sounds like a plan.

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

Your MATO looks incredible Jess! I'm hoping to get back to mine soon, yours is so inspiring.

Tammy said...

Love see your creativity.....Love your use of colors.

Elyte said...

I find it hard to keep up with blogging especially when there is not much happening. Love the quilt for Violet, so pretty and colourful, perfect for a little girl.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I only blog when I feel like it or have something to show. It keeps it low pressure for me that way. I avoid FB, Pinterest and Instagram (etc).